A 2-day workshop, that helps agency Marketers to
- Position a brand
- Create a brand story
- Figure out right the right message strategy for your audience
Maybe you can relate:
- The agency market has become competitive
The agency market in India is getting more saturated than the Vada Pav market in Karjat. Every Galli in India now has a Digital Marketing agency. You feel the need to stand out from other agencies that only offer ‘commodity services’, by offering something better and transformative to your clients.
- Retainer costs have stagnated
The retainer costs that we charge, increase up to a point… after which they are stagnated. The struggle to increase these retainer costs is real.
- Working with international clients has been challenging
While it’s a dream to work with international clients, the path is filled with challenges.
These international clients outsource technical work to Indian agencies but hesitate to outsource the strategical and creative elements of Marketing. Why is that?
Marketers know tactics. But they are not so sure about the strategy. No amount of tactics and tools can make a client successful if the brand is poorly positioned and has a weak story.
- Clients demand strategists
Client expectations are growing by the day. They no longer want technicians that handle tools, they want Marketers who think.
I am a Marketing Consultant, a Podcaster, a Blogger, but mostly a teacher.
I love using the power of communication to solve business problems.
After my agency life, I have worked with multiple organizations – both full time and as a Consultant. I also have a podcast, a weekly blog, and an email list that I love to serve. My teaching career began in 2014, with Digital Vidya, one of the leading training organizations in Asia. I have also taught Marketing to MBA Second Year students.
Over the years, I have learned the principles of positioning and storytelling from marketing greats such as Seth Godin, Bernadette Jiwa, Nick Usborne, and Andre Chaperon.
In fact, this is what Seth Godin said to me, on the last day of the workshop –
Avalokan is a 2-day workshop that helps Marketers create compelling stories for their clients. The workshop is less about theory and more about doing.
Here’s how the workshop will help you –
Stand apart from all the competition
While the agency market is competitive, very few agencies go deep into what a brand actually is. When account managers and the marketers know positioning and story-telling, the client looks at your agency differently.
Create a team that creates stories for their clients
We don’t need Digital experts, we need Marketers who tell stories. Social media is a tool. So is Email. And so is Google analytics. While understanding tools, is important, that’s not what clients want. Clients want to work with marketers who solve business problems by really understanding the business. You now have Marketers who can think… and not just Marketers who do what they are told.
Offer strategical services
The workshop will enable you to add more services to your offering. These services will be along the lines of strategy – Brand positioning and Brand story creation. You are no longer a Marketing agency, you are not a Marketing partner.
Put your upskilling budget to good use
It’s easy to find courses and workshops that look fancy but are mostly ineffective. Avalokan workshop is actionable and has mechanisms that ensure that deep learning takes place. No drama. Just start executing and create Marketing stories for your clients.
Avalokan Marketing Workshop is not just a mere exchange of information. It’s an emotional experience.
- The workshop will have a maximum of 7 participants. This is to ensure that peer to peer learning takes place, and everyone gets feedback from me as well as the other participants.
- The workshop consists of 4 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday. These sessions will be conducted over Zoom. This time will be used to understand the storytelling and brand positioning frameworks. The participants will be encouraged to work on a live case study so that by the end of the workshop, everyone has successfully built a brand story.
- The workshop will come with case studies, worksheets, frameworks, tools, tactics, and everything else that is needed to prepare a brand story.
- Confidentiality is guaranteed. Mutual trust is a crucial element of this workshop. If participants wish to work on actual clients, the information about the same will not be disclosed outside the workshop.
- There will be 2 coaching calls scheduled within 30 days after the workshop. The purpose of these calls is to address further questions that participants may have, after having implemented the frameworks for their clients.
What will be covered in the workshop
The workshop is practical and slightly uncomfortable. Practical, because you would be expected to work on a real project. Uncomfortable, because that’s when the real learning takes place.
By the end of the workshop and the coaching calls, you would be able to create a strong Brand strategy document for your client, that will include –
- The positioning
- Brand story
- Audience research
- The right traction channels
The real transformation of the workshop is internal.
If you want the client to look at you as a partner, rather than just a vendor… this workshop will take you there.
In other words, the client will stop looking at you as a technician who does what he told. Instead, he now considers you as a Marketing thinker… and a partner.
- Articulating the brand mission.
- Understanding the audience – Rogers curve, audience research, uncovering emotional benefits, creating empathy maps
- Positioning exercise using frameworks
- Brand story creation – Defining the brand enemy, the Hero, the end-goal, it’s relevance in the existing world.
- Creating a purple cow
- Using the principles of “Tribe” by Seth Godin, to create a loyal fan-base for your brand.
This is not a theoretical workshop. At every stage, you would be handed off case studies and real-world examples that explain these concepts in detail.
Any Marketing agency in India is eligible for this package. With this package, the agency can book all 7 seats for the workshop. The workshop will then be tailored in such a way, that it addresses only the specific clients in the agency. The participants can come up with the actual clients that they are working with. Consider this, as an intervention or a strategy building session for the entire cohort of your clients. After this session, the agency will walk away with 7 strategies for their 7 respective clients.
Total Cost is Rs. 24,500
If you are interested in the agency slot, fill up this form and I will get in touch with you.
For an individual participant, the cost total of the workshop is Rs. 4400.
Fill up this form now, and you will get an email from me with the details.